Free Volunteering Moshi, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Children's Aid Tanzania's volunteer opportunities are free to both the volunteer and project. You give your time, energy, expertise and love. That is all we ask of you, in fact we subsidise your stay with beneficial rates at Nyota Bed and Breakfast. Similarly as a Tanzanian NGO ourselves, we ensure the NGO's we sponsor have a genuine need and use for volunteers and that all funds and support go directly to the project. Children’s education, capacity building and support of local NGO's and directly helping the vulnerable families in the community is what the Children's Aid Tanzania NGO stands for.
Volunteering With Us Is Free, Fun And Meaningful
Arrival Support including country information / cultural tips / simple Swahili
phrases / what to pack - what not to pack
support re visa processes at the airport NB: A one to three month business visa
will need to be purchased on arrival at a cost of 250$ US*.
- Meet and greet service at the airport by a CATz team member ensuring a warm and friendly face speaking English on arrival at a cost of 50$ US Half board accommodation (bed, breakfast and evening meal) at Nyota Bed and Breakfast at Children's Aid Tanzania offers subsidised accommodation rates of 20$ US per night per person (Non volunteer guests Half Board rate 27.50$ US).
- Transparent and fully managed accounting of any support you decide to give to any Children's Aid Tanzania Volunteer Opportunity. Support can be direct to the project or as we recommend through Children's Aid Tanzania bank account. Either way we will monitor and ensure that your wishes are fully respected. We have contracts in place with each of the volunteer projects to ensure transparency and full disclosure re financial support by volunteers.
- Full in country support via the Children's Aid Tanzania on site Volunteer Coordinator who also resides at the hostel and is on hand for all advice, questions, needs, emergencies and whatever you need during your stay.
- Town Orientation - a morning guided tour of the town including a map of Moshi highlighting the location of ATM’s, banks, health centres, coffee lounges, supermarkets, wifi hotspots, bars and restaurants.
- Full first day project support – the Volunteer Coordinator will accompany you to your project on the first day, ensure you meet your personal point of contact for and ensure a smooth and happy hand over to the project.
- Access to vetted, approved and professionally accredited tours and day trips (safaris and Mount Kilimanjaro climbs with Children's Aid Tanzania partner organisation Tin Tin Tours and a % of trip profits are donated to the volunteer project of your choice).
- Going Home Support – the toughest part of volunteering is undoubtedly going home and many volunteers find stepping back into their “real lives” a struggle. We understand that and will support you as you settle back into your normal routine.